Since 1950: An Enduring Family Legacy
The brand’s history can be traced back to the 1950s when Mr. Suen (grandfather of Lawrence, founder of XIN Bird’s Nest), left Dongshan County (Fujian Province) in China, and moved to Sarawak.
In 2009, the XIN family set up a base in sunny Singapore to cater to their regular customers based in Singapore. They rebranded their business, giving birth to XIN Bird’s Nest. This move helped them establish themselves exclusively as authentic sellers of high-quality cave bird’s nests in Singapore.
While the foundation was laid in Sarawak, the brand, XIN Bird’s Nest received its present identity in Singapore, creating a well-respected local brand, backed by a rich family history.
For over three generations, the XIN family’s expertise and dedication in the pursuit and procurement of natural, high-quality Bird’s Nest have earned them a reputation in the industry. As fellow Bird’s Nest consumers, they have always been very particular when it comes to quality.
Identifying Good, Quality Bird’s Nest
Raw Bird’s Nest Appearance
A high-quality Bird’s Nest should be translucent (slightly see-through) in a natural ivory color. The thicker and more densely packed the threads are, the more nutritious it will be. A slight amount (minimal) of feather residue shows that it’s natural with no chemical bleaching in the cleaning process.
It should become transparent and expand 2 to 3 times bigger without breaking up. Any presence of murky liquid or other colouring are signs of a fake or bleached product.
Aroma and Texture
Cooked pure Bird’s Nest has a light egg white smell, with no chemical (additives or plastic) smell. Cave Bird’s Nests are crunchy and chewier in texture, while house nests are softer, smoother, and more slippery.
Bird’s Nest, a Superfood
Overall Health Benefit
- Strengthens and nourishes lungs and kidneys, clears phlegm and improves digestive system
- Regulates and purifies blood, stabilizing blood pressure and heart rate
- Contains water-soluble proteins that aid in the absorption of minerals and vitamins to help muscle growth and enhance fat burning
- 加强肺和肾, 提高了脾的质量, 化痰
- 调节人体周围的血液供应, 改善心脏功能, 降低血压
EGF (Epidermal Growth Factor)
- Enhance the rebirth of cells and tissues, strengthening our body’s self-regulating actions and resistance to disease
- Boost collagen production and acts for younger looking skin
- 增强细胞和组织的生长 (表皮生长因子再生), 便加强我们身体的自我调节和抗病的能力